Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Adobe Presenter

OK, This is not free but you can give it a try for 30 days. I use this fairly often to hold meetings with learners. The Adobe Presenter room, formerly known as Breeze, can support several people having an online audio or video meeting. Attendees can be appointed as presenters, allowing them to show their desktop or share a file such as a PowerPoint presentation.

It works quite well. I have had the opportunity to use a number of competing products that just did not offer the speed nor quality of Presenter.

We at Capella have used this for years but rarely used the full audio / video capabilities. Firewalls can slow down the action. However, using it remotely has opened my eyes to what it truly is capable of. In the summer of 2008, I attended a meeting held entirely within Presenter. The main office in Minneapolis as well as Bill in Florida met together with me in far far away Li Jiang, near the Himalayas in South China. I talked with Bill for at least an hour before the actual meeting and the audio was better than a local phone call on a land line. :-)

No comments: